凤凰出版传媒股份有限公司

Home > Laws

China's Intellectual Property Protection

Updated: 2015-07-28

II. Examination and Registration

2010 witnessed the steady advances in IPR examination and registration and new breakthroughs in terms of quality and quantity.

In 2010, State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) accepted 1,222,286 patent applications in total, exceeding 1 million for the first time and a year-on-year increase of 25.1%. Among them, 1,109,428 were from home, representing 90.8% of the total and a year-on-year increase of 26.4%; 112,858 of which were from abroad, representing 9.2% of the total and a year-on-year increase of 13.9%.

In 2010, SIPO granted 814,825 patents, a year-on-year increase of 40.0%; among which, 740,620 were granted to domestic applications, representing 90.9% of the total and a year-on-year increase of 47.6%; 74,205 were granted to foreign applications, representing 9.1% of the total and a year-on-year decrease of 7.5%. 135,110 invention patents were granted, representing 16.6% and a year-on-year increase of 5.2%. 344,472 utility model patents were granted, representing 42.3% of the total and a year-on-year increase of 69.0%; 335,243 industrial design patents were granted, representing 41.1% of the total and a year-on-year increase of 34.3%.  

< 1 2 3 4 ... 7 >